Product DescriptionThe Pulsar Expert VM 8x40 Marine is a brightly coloured, waterproof variant that can be easily seen if dropped into water. The Expert range of day optic binoculars feature non-axial construction - both optical channels are in a single body – which is a very reliable design. The Expert range is highly resistant to shock loadings and vibration. They feature light bodies and at the same time are made from one of the strongest composite materials. The durability of this line of binoculars is excellent being IEC60529 IPX7 rated.
The Nitrogen purged optical system prevents lenses from fogging in case of a sudden temperature drop. Exterior flat protective filters, installed in front of the objective lenses, shield the optics from sand, dust and moisture. The optics feature multicoated lenses that guarantee image clarity and realistic colour rendition. They also feature specially developed eyepieces. The eyepieces are adjustable allowing a comfortable interpupillary setting; the ergonomic eyecups protect the eye against lateral ambient light and the Eclipse-M lens caps are permanently connected to the binocular body so cannot be lost. These also protect the front optics from rain.
The VM and VMR models feature a unique, switchable internal filter system with an orange filter (provides greater contrast when selected) and a polarised filter (reduces reflective glare). If you do not wish to view through these filters you can switch them off until you need them.
• High-vis bright yellow lens caps & inserts in the binoculars body
• Three viewing modes via switchable built-in filters
• Nitrogen purged optical system
• Exterior flat protective lenses
• Ergonomic eyecups
• Adjustable eyepieces
• Exclusive Eclipse-M lens caps
• Durable glass reinforced plastic body
• Antireflection coating based on TRUE COLOR™ vacuum technology
• Progressive optical system based on an innovative porro prism design